Head, Research Planning & Management Group
Dr. Anirban Chakraborty is a member of the Leadership Team with the specific position of Head, Research Planning & Management Group (RPMG) to enable and facilitate the overall Research activities consistent with TCG CREST’s mission. He supervises all aspects of RPMG’s functioning, including helping faculty/researchers in obtaining Research Grants, Grant Management, Research Infrastructure Management, Research Communications, IPR Management of all existing and intra-verticals research. He also supports advance planning for research in new verticals to be created in CREST.
Anirban has several years of experience as an Academic and Research Administrator in India. Previously he was the Director (Research) and Assistant Vice-President (Research & Academic Development) at Ashoka University, where he was deeply involved in concretising the university’s academic and research administration (2017- 23). Anirban was the Assistant Registrar and then officiated as the Deputy Registrar at Presidency University (Kolkata, India), where he worked closely with the leadership team and participated in the task of transforming a great College of more than two hundred years old into a twenty-first-century Research University (2012-17).
Anirban completed his BSc. (Hons) in Physics, MSc and PhD in Nanoscience from University of Calcutta. During PhD, his research interests were in nanoparticle synthesis and applications, reaction kinetics study, and sophisticated imaging techniques. Further, Anirban is interested in research in Higher Education Management and Policy issues. He publishes scholarly articles and regularly participates in conferences and panel discussions in the field of higher education. He is a recipient of the IRMI grant by the DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance and the 3CS grant at Ashoka University.
Recent scholarly works on Indian Higher Education:
- “Foreign Partnership in Indian Higher Education: Significance, Challenges and Concerns“, Globalisation, Societies and Education.
- “Building Sustainable Societies through Purpose-Driven Universities: A Case-Study from Ashoka University (India)“, Sustainability
- “NEP 2020: Is Opening the Door for Foreign Universities a Good Deal for India?“, Outlook
- “Evolving concept of Internationalisation in Indian higher education“. Times of India
- ”Rethinking Research Management in India”
- “Re-Purposing Universities for Sustainable Societies”
Other Publications (Google Scholar).