Dr. Bharati Debnath obtained her B.Sc. and M.Sc. in chemistry from the University of Kalyani. She received her PhD (2019) in Chemical Sciences from IISER Kolkata under the supervision of Prof. Sayan Bhattacharyya. Her doctoral thesis focuses on the synthesis of transition metal-oxide nanomaterials with different morphology and their low-temperature magnetic interactions and electrocatalytic water splitting. After completing her PhD, she joined IIT Ropar as a postdoctoral research fellow where she focused on nanomaterial synthesis and studied their photocatalytic H2 generation. Then she joined Prof. Satishchandra Ogale’s group as a postdoctoral research fellow at IISER Pune. There she worked on photocatalytic CO2 reduction, photocatalytic N2 reduction and Li-ion batteries. In August 2021 she joined the Research Institute of Sustainable Energy (RISE) under TCG CREST as a Research Scientist. In July 2022 she moved to Ludwig-Maximilian-University (LMU) Munich, Germany where she worked on designing photocatalysts and studied the photocatalytic water splitting activities. In September 2023, she joined the RISE under TCG CREST as an Assistant Professor. Dr. Debnath’s research interests are in the area of the development of catalysts and their application in the area of green fuel production.
- JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship Awardee
- Secured JOINT CSIR-UGC NET in Chemical Sciences (All India Rank-83)
- University Gold Medal: Ranked 1st in M.Sc.
- Award of DST-INSPIRE Fellowship by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- Ultrafine Mix-Phase SnO-SnO2 Nanoparticles Anchored on Reduced Graphene Oxide Boost Reversible Li-ion Storage Capacity beyond Theoretical Limit. Kamboj, N.,# Debnath, B.,# Bhardwaj, S., Paul, T., Kumar, N., Ogale, S.,* Roy, K.,* Dey, R. S.* ACS Nano 2022, 16, 15358−15368 [# = Equal Contribution].
- Construction of a 2D/2D g-C3N5/NiCr-LDH Heterostructure to Boost the Green Ammonia Production Rate under Visible Light Illumination. Debnath, B.,* Hossain, S. M., Sadhu, A., Singh, S., Polshettiwar, V., Ogale, S.* ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces2022, 14, 37076–37087.
- Visible Light Driven Highly Selective CO2 Reduction to CH4 using Potassium Doped g-C3N5. Debnath, B., Singh, S., Hossain, S. M., Krishnamurthy, S., Polshettiwar, V.,* Ogale, S.* Langmuir 2022, 38, 3139 – 3148.
- Efficient Photocatalytic Generation of Hydrogen by Twin Zn0.5Cd0.5S Nanorods Decorated with Noble Metal-Free Co-catalyst and Reduction of 4-Nitrophenol in Water. Debnath, B., Dhingra, S., Sharma, V., Krishnan, V., Nagaraja, C. M.* Appl. Surf. Sci. 2021, 550, 149367.
- Oxygen-Defect-Rich Cobalt Ferrite Nanoparticles for Practical Water Electrolysis with High Activity and Durability. Debnath, B., Parvin, S., Dixit, H., Bhattacharyya, S.* ChemSusChem 2020, 13, 3875 – 3886.
For the full list of publications please refer to her Google Scholar page (https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?hl=en&user=5ZwTXs8AAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate).