Advertisement for the post of a Project JRF Iin a DBT funded reserach project
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for filling up of the post of a “Project Junior Research Fellow (JRF) for the DBT–RRF (Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship) project titled “Application of advanced multimodal MR image processing and machine learning methods to identify treatment response in Indian patients with glioblastoma” under Dr. Sourav Bhaduri, Assistant Professor of Institute for Advancing Intelligence (IAI), TCG Centres for Research and Education in Science and Technology (TCG CREST), and Principal Investigator.
- Name of the Post: Project Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
- No. of Post: One (01)
- Educational Qualification: M.Sc in Physics or M.E/M.Tech in Electrical/Electronics/Biomedical engineering with a desire to work in the field of Cancer Imaging. Minimum of 60% marks. NET and/or GATE qualifications is mandatory for selection of the candidate
- Maximum Age Limit: 35 years
- Emoluments: For NET/GATE Qualified candidates: ₹31,000/- + 24% HRA per month. For all candidates: Institutional norms will be applicable.
- Duration of the Post: The initial appointment will be for one year and will be extended by more than two years solely based on satisfactory performance.
- Required skill set: Some experience with (medical) signal/image processing, AI/ML, basic knowledge of MR physics and neuroimaging, strong programming skills (MATLAB, or Python) and strong interest in biomedical questions and research.
- Project JRF Role and Duties: The selected candidate will be required to do full time research in the above specified research project, in particular collecting and processing MRI based multiparametric data from perfusion weighted imaging, diffusion weighted Imaging and multi-voxel MR spectroscopic imaging techniques, develop/implement signal/image processing algorithms, analysing data and developing a GUI toolbox for assessing treatment response in brain tumours. In this research, signal/image processing, advanced MR physics, AI/ML based techniques will be used for medical imaging analysis.
- Sponsoring Agency: Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India.
Eligible candidates fulfilling all criteria must email their application along with their resume, certificates of qualification, experience, age proof and testimonials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates who apply should invariably mention the Notification No.& Date, Email ID, Contact no & Postal Address, failing which the application will not be considered.
Eligible candidates will be short listed & the interview details will be communicated to them via email. Last date for receipt of the relevant documents is 10.01.2024.