This year we are offering a full-time Ph.D. program in (i) Science and (ii) Engineering in collaboration with Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR). Our present research focus includes Cryptography and Security, Quantum Computation, Mathematics and Its Applications, Graph Algorithms, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
The classes for this semester start on August 10. The classes will be held offline. All the selected candidates need to clear the coursework in the span of their first two semesters. In the first semester, the students have to attend and clear four courses as decided by the Research Fellow Advisory Committee and a mandatory course on Research Methodology.
Here is the list of courses offered this semester and their respective instructor.
Cryptology: Nilanjan Datta and Subhabrata Samajder
Discrete Mathematics: Subhabrata Samajder and Shion Samaddar Chaudhury
Introduction to Computer Programming and Data Structures: Laltu Sardar and Ritankar Mandal
- Elements of Probability and Statistics: Avisek Gupta and Swagatam Das
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence: Narayan Changder
- Introduction to Machine Learning: Md Shahidullah
- Abstract Algebra (AA): Satyendra Mishra
- Linear Algebra and Multivariable Calculus (LA): Somnath Hazra and Suratno Basu
- Analysis (CG): Sayan Chakraborty
- Algebraic Topology (AT): Kuldeep Saha
- Research Methodology: Arpita Maitra, Rana Barua
Mid Semestral Examination (tentative): 09/10/2023 – 18/10/2023
End Semestral Examination (tentative): 01/12/2023 – 08/12/2023
Holidays: The list of holidays is given below.
- 15th August: Independence Day
- 23-27th October: Durga Puja
- 13th November: Diwali
- 15th November: Bhatridwitiya
- 25th December: Christmas Day
Timetable: The weekly timetable will be available here.
Meet-in-the-Middle: We conduct a weekly seminar, called Meet-in-the-Middle, each Wednesday from 4:00-5:00PM. The details are available [here].