This year we are offering a full-time Ph.D. program in Computer Science and Mathematics in collaboration with Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (RKMVERI), India. Our present research focus includes Cryptography and Security, Quantum Computation, Mathematics and its Applications, and Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
The classes of this semester start on February 07. The classes will be held offline. In this semester, the students have to attend and clear four courses as discussed with the Research Fellow Advisory Committee.
Here is the list of courses offered this semester and their respective instructors.
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms (DAA): Prof. Rana Barua and Dr. Nilanjan Datta.
- Research Methodology (RM): Dr. Nilanjan Datta, Dr. Arpita Maitra, Dr. Debolina Ghatak, Prof. Goutam Mukherjee and Prof. Rana Barua.
- Trends in Combinatorics and Topology (CT): Prof. Goutam Mukherjee, Dr. Sajal Mukherjee, Dr. Kuldeep Saha, Dr. Apratim Chakraborty and Dr. Anupam Mondal.
- Topics in Knot Theory (KT): Dr. Apratim Chakraborty and Dr. Kuldeep Saha.
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics (PS): Dr. Debolina Ghatak and Prof. Rajeeva Laxman Karandikar.
- Graph Theory and Matroid – II (GM2): Dr. Anupam Mondal and Dr. Shion Samadder Chaudhury.
- Optimization Technique (OT): Dr. Payel Sadhukhan and Prof. Bimal Kr. Roy.
- Advanced Machine Learning (AML): Dr. Kausik Sengupta.
- Advanced Cryptology (AC): Dr. Avijit Dutta and Dr. Bimal Mandal.
- Advanced Quantum Information and Cryptology (AQC): Dr. Arpita Maitra.
- Mid-Semester Examination: April 11 – April 22 (Tentative)
- End-Semester Examination: June 20 – June 30 (Tentative)
- Holidays: The list of holidays is given below:
- 26th January: Republic Day
- 18th March: Holi
- 15th April: Good Friday / Bengali New Year
- 3rd May: Eid-Al-Fitr
The weekly routine is given below.
The classes of this semester start on August 16. There is a provision for attending the classes both online (Zoom platform) as well as offline. All the selected candidates need to clear the coursework in the span of their first two semesters. In the first semester, the students have to attend and clear four courses and necessary remedial courses as decided with the Research Fellow Advisory Committee.
Here is the list of courses offered this semester and their respective instructor.
- Algebra and Its Application (A.A): Dr. Apratim Chakraborty and Dr. Kuldeep Saha
- Graph Theory and Matroid (G.M): Dr. Anupam Mondal and Dr. Shion Samadder Chaudhury
- Introduction to Stochastic Process (S.P): Dr. Debapratim Banerjee
- Discrete Mathematics (D.M): Dr. Nilanjan Datta
- Automata and Formal Languages (A.F): Dr. Avijit Dutta
- Machine Learning (M.L): Dr. Kausik Sengupta and Dr. Pradyot Kr. Das
- Cryptology (Cr): Prof. Rana Barua and Dr. Arpita Maitra
- Quantum Cryptology (Q.C): Dr. Arpita Maitra
- Symmetric Key Cryptology – Advanced (S.K.C): Dr. Nilanjan Datta and Dr. Avijit Dutta
- Remedial Mathematics (R.M): Prof. Goutam Mukherjee and Prof. Rana Barua
- Remedial Computer Science (R.CS): Prof. Samiran Chattopadhyay
Mid Semestral Examination (online): 29/09/2021 – 09/10/2021
End Semestral Examination (online): 03/01/2022 – 11/01/2022
Holidays: The list of holidays is given below.
- 15th August: Independence Day
- 19th August: Muharram
- 30th August: Janmastami
- 2nd October: Gandhi Birth Day
- 11-15th October: Durga Puja
- 19th October: ID E Milad
- 20th October: Laxmi Puja
- 4th Novermber: Diwali
- 6th November: Bhatridwitiya
- 19th November: Guru Nanak Birth Day
- 25th December: Christmas Day
The weekly routine is given below.