Dr. Avijit Dutta
Postdoctoral Fellow, IAI TCG CREST
Research and Education
I work in the area of symmetric key cryptography with a special focus on provable security since 2014. My present research interests primarily include the design and analysis of symmetric cryptographic schemes. I also work in designing symmetric searchable encryption schemes. I am also interested in cryptanalysis of symmetric key ciphers, blockchains and lattice-based cryptography.
I have completed my doctoral degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata in April 2020. Prior to that, I completed my graduation and post-graduation in Computer Science and Engineering from West Bengal University of Technology and Jadavpur University in 2011 and 2014 respectively. I have also spent a year (2011-2012) in Cognizant Technology Solutions India Pvt Ltd as a software engineer. During the doctoral tenure, I spent two and a half months in NTT Lab, Japan. I spent four months (Aug, 2019-Dec, 2019) in DAIICT, Gandhinagar as an assistant professor. I was also a visiting scientist in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Kharagpur from April, 2020 – August, 2020.
Link to the Personal Website: https://sites.google.com/view/avijit-dutta/home
Currently, I am offering a course on Advanced Cryptography to the First Year Research Scholars, IAI, TCG-CREST. Details of the course can be found here.
Here is a list of courses that I have offered.
- Formal Languages and Automata Theory (First Year Research Scholars, IAI, TCG CREST) 2021-22. Details of the course can be found here
- Topics in Symmetric Key Cryptology – Advanced (First Year Research Scholars, IAI, TCG CREST) 2021-22 with Dr. Nilanjan Datta
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies (Second Year M.Tech CrS, ISI Kolkata) 2021-2022 with Ms. Subhra Majumder
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms (First Year Research Scholars, IAI, TCG CREST) 2020-21 with Prof. Rana Barua
- Advanced Cryptology (First Year Research Scholars, IAI, TCG CREST) 2020-21 with Dr. Nilanjan Datta
- Discrete Mathematics (First Year Research Scholars, IAI, TCG CREST) 2020-21 with Dr. Nilanjan Datta
- An Introduction to Linear Algebra (First Year B.Tech Students, DAIICT) 2019-20 with Prof. Jaideep Mulherkar.
- An Introduction to Basic Cryptography (First Year M.Tech CrS, ISI Kolkata) 2019-20 with Prof. Rana Barua
- Advanced Cryptology (Second Year M.Tech CS, ISI Kolkata) 2017-18 with Dr. Goutam Paul
This is a list of important publications. Please refer to my DBLP for the full list of publications.
- Y. L. Chen, A. Dutta, M. Nandi: Multi-User BBB Security of Public Permutation Based MAC, Cryptography and Communications (to appear) 2022.
- Nilanjan Datta, Avijit Dutta, Kushankur Dutta: Improved Security Bound of (E/D)WCDM. IACR Trans. Symmetric Cryptol. 2021(4): 138-176 (2021)
- Avijit Dutta, Mridul Nandi, Suprita Talnikar: Permutation Based EDM: An Inverse Free BBB Secure PRF. IACR Trans. Symmetric Cryptol. 2021(2): 31-70 (2021)
- Avijit Dutta: Minimizing the Two-Round Tweakable Even-Mansour Cipher. ASIACRYPT (1) 2020: 601-629
- Debrup Chakraborty, Avijit Dutta, Samir Kundu: Designing Tweakable Enciphering Schemes Using Public Permutations. Advances in Mathematics of Communications.
- Donghoon Chang, Nilanjan Datta, Avijit Dutta, Bart Mennink, Mridul Nandi, Somitra Sanadhya: Release of Unverified Plaintext: Tight Unified Model and Application to ANYDAE. IACR Trans. Symmetric Cryptol. 2019(4): 119-146 (2019)
- Avijit Dutta, Mridul Nandi, Suprita Talnikar: Beyond Birthday Bound Secure MAC in Faulty Nonce Model. EUROCRYPT (1) 2019: 437-466
- Nilanjan Datta, Avijit Dutta, Mridul Nandi, Goutam Paul: Double-block Hash-then-Sum: A Paradigm for Constructing BBB Secure PRF. IACR Trans. Symmetric Cryptol. 2018(3): 36-92 (2018)
- Nilanjan Datta, Avijit Dutta, Mridul Nandi, Kan Yasuda: Encrypt or Decrypt? To Make a Single-Key Beyond Birthday Secure Nonce-Based MAC. CRYPTO (1) 2018: 631-661
- Ritam Bhaumik, Nilanjan Datta, Avijit Dutta, Nicky Mouha, Mridul Nandi: The Iterated Random Function Problem. ASIACRYPT (2) 2017: 667-697
- Avijit Dutta, Ashwin Jha, Mridul Nandi: Tight Security Analysis of EHtM MAC. IACR Trans. Symmetric Cryptol. 2017(3): 130-150 (2017)
- Nilanjan Datta, Avijit Dutta, Mridul Nandi, Goutam Paul, Liting Zhang: Single Key Variant of PMAC_Plus. IACR Trans. Symmetric Cryptol. 2017(4): 268-305 (2017)
- Avijit Dutta, Ashwin Jha, Mridul Nandi: A New Look at Counters: Don’t Run Like Marathon in a Hundred Meter Race. IEEE Trans. Computers 66(11): 1851-1864 (2017)
firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail) / 70035 59134 (mobile)