Dr. Avik Chakraborti
Assistant Professor, IAI TCG CREST
Research and Education
I work in the field of symmetric key cryptography with a special interest in the design and analysis of symmetric ciphers. My research interest primarily includes the design and analysis of authenticated encryption, lightweight cryptography, provable security, security analysis of symmetric modes, searchable encryption, etc. I am also interested in Grey-box Crypto (Fault and Side Channel Analysis) and White Box Crypto (Design and Analysis of algorithms in the White-box setting) I obtained my PhD and post-graduation in Computer Science from Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. Post Phd, I was a Post Doctoral researcher at the NTT Secure Platform Laboratory in Tokyo, Japan for three years (Dec 2016 – Nov 2019), Visiting Lecturer at the R. C. Bose Centre for Cryptology and Security, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata for more than one year (Dec 2019 – Jan 2021), and a Full time Lecturer E&R (equivalent to Assistant Professor) at the University of Exeter for almost two years (Jan 2021 – Oct 2022). I have joined IAI TCG CREST as an Assistant Professor on Nov 2022.
Here is a list of the courses offered by me:
2022 Taught (full ownership) the course “Security Assessment and Validation (Course Number ECMM464)” in the MSc (Cybersecurity Analytics) programme at the University of Exeter, UK.
2021 Taught (full ownership) the course “Security Assessment and Validation (Course Number ECMM464)” in the MSc (Cybersecurity Analytics) programme at the University of Exeter, UK.
2020 Taught (full ownership) the course “Computing Systems Security II” in the M.Tech (Cryptology and Security) programme at ISI Kolkata.
2015 Co-instructor (Co-taught with Prof. Mandar Mitra, Dr. Arijit Bishnu, Prof. Ansuman Banerjee, Dr. Ashwin Jha, ) for the “Programming and Data Structure Lab” in the M.Tech (Computer Science) programme at ISIKolkata.
This is a list of important publications. Please refer to my DBLP for the full list of publications.
- Avik Chakraborti, Nilanjan Datta, Ashwin Jha, Cuauhtemoc Mancillas-López, Mridul Nandi, Yu Sasaki: Elastic-Tweak: A Framework for Short Tweak Tweakable Block Cipher. INDOCRYPT 2021: 114-137
- Sayandeep Saha, Dirmanto Jap, Debapriya Basu Roy, Avik Chakraborti, Shivam Bhasin, Debdeep Mukhopadhyay:A Framework to Counter Statistical Ineffective Fault Analysis of Block Ciphers Using Domain Transformation and Error Correction. IEEE Trans. Inf. Forensics Secur. 15: 1905-1919 (2020)
- Avik Chakraborti, Tetsu Iwata, Kazuhiko Minematsu, Mridul Nandi: Blockcipher Based Authenticated Encryption: How Small Can We Go? Journal of Cryptology, JoC 33(3): 703-741 (2020)
- Avik Chakraborti, Nilanjan Datta, Ashwin Jha, Cuauhtemoc Mancillas-Lopez, Mridul Nandi, Yu Sasaki, ESTATE: A Lightweight and Low Energy Authenticated Encryption Mode. IACR Trans. Symmetric Cryptol. 2020(S1): 350-389 (2020)
- Avik Chakraborti, Nilanjan Datta, Ashwin Jha, Snehal Mitragotri, Mridul Nandi, From Combined to Hybrid: Making Feedback-based AE even Smaller. IACR Trans. Symmetric Cryptol. 2020(S1): 417-445 (2020)
- Avik Chakraborti, Nilanjan Datta, Mridul Nandi, Kan Yasuda, Beetle Family of Lightweight and Secure Authenticated Encryption Ciphers. IACR Trans. Cryptogr. Hardw. Embed. Syst. 2018(2): 218-241 (2018)
- Avik Chakraborti, Tetsu Iwata, Kazuhiko Minematsu, Mridul Nandi: Blockcipher-Based Authenticated Encryption: How Small Can We Go? CHES 2017: 277-298
- Avik Chakraborti, Nilanjan Datta, Mridul Nandi: INT-RUP Analysis of Block-cipher Based Authenticated Encryption Schemes. CT-RSA 2016: 39-54
- Avik Chakraborti, Anupam Chattopadhyay, Muhammad Hassan, Mridul Nandi: TriviA: A Fast and Secure Authenticated Encryption Scheme. CHES 2015: 330-353
email@example.com / 📞