Dr. Debolina Ghatak
Post Doctoral Fellow
I am a post doctorate researcher at TCG Crest, IAI and my current research interests are Private Synthetic Data Generation, Data Obfuscation, Statistical analysis of private data.
Education: I have completed my PhD from Indian Statistical Institute Kolkata under the supervision of Prof. Bimal Kumar Roy and my thesis title was “Data Obfuscation”. Prior to that I had completed my MSc in Statistics from Calcutta University and BSc with Statistics honors from Presidency College Kolkata.
Work Experience: I had worked as a Project Linked Personnel under Prof. Ayanendranath Basu on “Minimum Distance Approach based Robust Inference” (July 2012-13). Post PhD, I have worked as a Visiting Scientist at RC Bose Center of Cryptology and Security (January 2019-March 2019) and as a Visiting Faculty at Indian Institute of Technology, Jammu (April 2019-June 2021).
Teaching Experience: Here, I enlist a few courses that I taught at Indian Institute of Technology, Jammu.
- Probability and Stochastic Processes (Semester III Course for B.Tech and Backlog Course for all U.G. students)
- Introduction to Statistics (Open elective to U.G. students and for Semester VI B.Tech)
- Discrete Mathematical Structures (For Semester III B.Tech)
- Probability and Statistics (For M.Tech First year).
I have also worked as a Teaching Assistant with Prof. Bimal K. Roy at Indian Statistical Institute Kolkata for the course entitled “Statistics” (M.S.Q.E.) and for the course “Probability and Statistics” (M. Tech in Cryptology and Security).
I have supervised for the summer internship project of Ms. Priyal Garg at Indian Institute of Technology Jammu entitled “Q-Q plots for Noisy data-sets”.
- Ghatak, D. and Roy, B.K., Estimation of True Quantiles from Quantitative Data Obfuscated with Additive Noise, Journal of Official Statistics, Vol. 34, No. 3, 2018, pp. 1-24, DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.2478/JOS-2018-0032.
- Ghatak, D. and Roy, B.K., Conditional Masking to Numerical Data, Journal of Statistical Theory and Practise, 2019, DOI 10.1007/s42519-019-0042-y.
- Ghatak, D. and Roy, B.K., An Improved Bound for Security in an Identity Disclosure Problem. International Journal of Statistics and Probability Vol 8, No. 3, 2019, pp. 24-31
- Ghatak, D. and Sakurai, K. and Roy, B.K., Can Data Obfuscation techniques be beneficial for preserving Data Utility unlike Differentially Private Algorithms? IWSEC 2020.