Prof. Goutam Mukherjee
Professor, IAI, TCG CREST
Prof. Goutam Mukherjee is a Professor at IAI, TCG CREST and he is leading the TRIM group at IAI. He is a Professor at Stat-Math Unit at ISI, Kolkata and has joined IAI on academic leave.
- Algebraic Topology
- Transformation groups
- Algebraic Deformation Theory
- Lie Groupoid and Lie algebroid.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics (1992), Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India (Thesis Title: Equivariant cohomology with local coefficients.)
- M.Sc. in Pure Mathematics (1985), Burdwan University, Burdwan, India. Performance: First in First Class.
- B.Sc. Honours in Mathematics (1983), Hooghly Mohsin College. Performance: First in First Class.
- University Gold Medal having been placed first in the first class in M.Sc. Examination in Mathematics.
- P. N. Banerjee Gold Medal having secured the highest marks in the M.Sc. Examination in Mathematics.
- N. C. Banerjee Gold Medal having been placed first in the first class in the Degree Course Honours Examination in Mathematics.
Prof. Mukherjee has published more than 30 research articles in the International journals (see MathScinet for details).
- Anita Majumdar-Title of the Thesis: Deformation theory of dialgebras, 2003.
- Ashis Mandal-Title of the Thesis: Versal deformations of Leibniz algebras, 2009.
- Debasis Sen- Title of the Thesis: Simplicial Bredon-Illman Cohomology with local coefficients, 2011.
- Apurba Das – Title of the Thesis: A study of Nambu structures, September, 2017.
- Ripan Saha- title of the Thesis: Equivariant Deformation Theory of (Hom)- Leibniz Algebras and Cup-Product Operations, 2020.
1. Associate Editor, Journal of Ramanujan Math. Soc. (JRMS).
2. `Transformation Groups: Symplectic Torus Actions and Toric Manifolds’, Edited by Mukherjee Goutam with contributions by Chris Allday, Mikiya Masuda, P. Sankaran. Hindustan Book Agency, New Delhi, 2005.