Dr. Somnath Hazra
Assistant Professor, IAI TCG CREST
Homogeneous operators, Cowen-Douglas class of operators, Study of Reproducing kernel Hilbert modules using tools of complex geometry, Dilation theory.
- Post-Doctoral Researcher, Mathematical Institute, Silesian University in Opava, Czech Republic (Sep 2021 – Aug 2022)
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata (Sep 2018 – Aug 2021)
- Research Associate, Indian Institute of Science (Feb 2018 – Jul 2018).
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
- M.Sc. in Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India
- B.Sc. Honours in Mathematics, Burdwan Raj College, University of Burdwan, West Bengal, India
Awards and Fellowships
- CSIR-NET June, 2011.
- National Board of Higher Mathematics (NBHM) Ph.D Scholarship 2012.
- National Board of Higher Mathematics (NBHM) Post Doctoral Scholarship 2018
- Measure Theory & Functional Analysis at IAI, TCG CREST (January – June 2023).
- Mathematics I (MA1101) as TA in IISER Kolkata (Dec 2020 – Mar 2021 and Aug – Dec 2019).
- Mathematics II (MA2101) as TA in IISER Kolkata (Jan – June 2020 and Aug – Dec 2020).
- Topology (MA231) as TA in IISc Bangalore (Aug – Dec 2016, Aug – Dec 2014).
- Analysis and Linear Algebra II (UM 102) as TA in IISc Bangalore (Jan – Apr 2016, Jan – Apr 2015).
- Functional Analysis (MA223) as TA in IISc Bangalore (Aug – Dec 2015).
S. Kundu, M. Aggarwal and S. Hazra, Finitely chainable and totally bounded metric spaces: Equivalent characterizations, Topology and its Applications, 2017, vol: 216, pp. 59-73.
S. Hazra, Homogeneous 2-shifts, Complex Analysis and Operator Theory, 2019, vol: 13, pp: 1729-1763.
P. Deb and S. Hazra, Homogeneous hermitian holomorphic vector bundles and operators in the Cowen-Douglas class over the poly-disc, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 2022, vol: 510, no. 2, 32 pp.
S. Hazra and Basila P, Homomorphisms between C(X) and C(Y), The Mathematics Student, 2022, vol: 91, nos. 3-4, pp: 1-10.
G. Ghosh and S. Hazra, On analytic structure of weighted shifts on generalized directed semi-trees, to appear in Linear and Multilinear Algebra.
B. Bagchi, S. Hazra and G. Misra, A product formula for homogeneous characteristic functions, to appear in the Integral Equations and Operator Theory .
P. Deb and S. Hazra, A family of homogeneous operators in the Cowen-Douglas class over unit poly-disc, to appear in Studia Mathematica.