This year we are offering a full-time Ph.D. program in Computer Science and Mathematics in collaboration with Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (RKMVERI), India. Our present research focus includes Cryptography and Security, Mathematics and its Applications, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, and Financial Analysis.
The classes of this semester start on August 16. There is a provision for attending the classes both online (Webex platform) as well as offline. All the selected candidates need to clear the coursework in the span of their first two semesters. In the first semester, the students have to attend and clear four courses and necessary remedial courses as decided with the Research Fellow Advisory Committee.
Here is the list of courses offered this semester and their respective instructor.
- Algebra and Its Application (A.A): Dr. Apratim Chakraborty and Dr. Kuldeep Saha
- Graph Theory and Matroid (G.M): Dr. Anupam Mondal and Dr. Shion Samadder Chaudhury
- Introduction to Stochastic Process (S.P): Dr. Debapratim Banerjee
- Discrete Mathematics (D.M): Dr. Nilanjan Datta
- Automata and Formal Languages (A.F): Dr. Avijit Dutta
- Machine Learning (M.L): Dr. Kausik Sengupta and Dr. Pradyot Kr. Das
- Cryptology (Cr): Prof. Rana Barua and Dr. Arpita Maitra
- Quantum Cryptology (Q.C): Dr. Arpita Maitra
- Symmetric Key Cryptology – Advanced (S.K.C): Dr. Nilanjan Datta and Dr. Avijit Dutta
- Remedial Mathematics (R.M): Prof. Goutam Mukherjee and Prof. Rana Barua
- Remedial Computer Science (R.CS): Prof. Samiran Chattopadhyay
The weekly routine is given below.
Mid Semestral Examination: 29/09/2021 – 09/10/2021
The list of holidays is given below.
- 15th August: Independence Day
- 19th August: Muharram
- 30th August: Janmastami
- 2nd October: Gandhi Birth Day
- 11-15th October: Durga Puja
- 19th October: ID E Milad
- 20th October: Laxmi Puja
- 4th Novermber: Diwali
- 6th November: Bhatridwitiya
- 19th November: Guru Nanak Birth Day
- 25th December: Christmas Day