IAI PhD in Science or Engineering
Under the aegis of the TCG CREST-AcSIR Agreement for promoting research and academic collaboration, IAI is inviting applications from interested candidates for the PhD in Science and Engineering. The PhD degree will be awarded by Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) and the PhD program shall be guided by the rules and regulations of AcSIR PhD ordinances.
The IAI PhD Program at TCG CREST was initiated in 2020 and combines coursework and original research. The program is thesis based. At present thirty research fellows are pursuing their PhD at IAI.
The following candidates have been selected for admission to the Ph.D. programme in Science and Engineering.
Final Interview Schedule:
Depending on the confirmation and availability of the candidates, the final interview schedule is given as follows:
Selected Candidates and Tentative Interview Schedule:
- The interview List and schedule are up.
- The venue for the written test is: TCG CREST, First Floor, Tower 1, Bengal Eco Intelligent Park(Techna), Block EM, Plot No 3, Sector V, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700091, West Bengal, INDIA.
- All the applicants who intend to appear in the written exam should receive their admit card by June 06. If anyone does not receive his/her admit card by June 06, please contact immediately at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View details to get updates about the written test (examination date and important instructions).
Our current research areas are:
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning: Statistical Learning Theory, Deep Neural Networks, Representation Learning, Deep Generative Models, Computer Vision, NLP, Large Language Models, Climate Informatics, and AI in Law.
- Cryptography and Security: Lightweight Cryptography, Quantum Cryptography and Quantum Cryptanalysis, Post Quantum Cryptology, Block-chain, Provable Security, Cloud Computation and Security, Cryptanalysis, Side Channel Cryptology, Design and Analysis
- Translational Mathematics: Functional Analysis, Operator Algebra, Topology, Algebra, Graph Theory, Combinatorics, Algebraic Geometry, and application areas.
Why join Ph.D. at IAI?
The IAI Ph.D. program trains you to become the next-generation research leader in the field of AI/ML, Cryptology and Security, and Translational Mathematics. The cornerstone of the doctoral experience at the IAI of TCG CREST is the research coursework that all students undertake, typically under the guidance of a group of academic advisors, but often with other external eminent faculty as well.
Weekly seminars are conducted to introduce you to new emerging areas of research to help you build your portfolio of interests.
There are five digital classrooms with smart boards, audio and video systems. There is a state of the art computer lab with in-premise servers. At IAI, a cluster of GPU Servers along with adequate cloud resources are also provided to the students to conduct research in the areas of Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning.
Candidates selected for the program will be supported with TCG CREST Institute fellowship (including HRA). The amount of the Junior Research Fellowship will be similar to the national-level fellowships offered by the different national-level funding agencies like MHRD. National and International Travel Support may be provided to All candidates selected for the Ph.D. Program as per the norms of TCG CREST. Contingency grants may be provided to the selected candidates as per the norms of TCG CREST.
Engineering: All students who have successfully completed or are in their final year pursuing M.E / M.Tech / M.Engg or equivalent Master’s degree in Engineering or Technology ( following a four-year engineering/technology or 4/5 year science degree ) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Communications, Electrical Engineering or other areas of Quantitative Sciences may apply.
Science: All students who have successfully completed or are in their final year pursuing M.Sc / M.Stat / M.Math or equivalent degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Data Science, or other areas of Quantitative Sciences may apply.